weather, climate and best time to visit
Best time to visit Iran
To go to Iran, the best time to visit is April through June and August through October. In this period you have a warm temperature and almost no precipitation. In Iran, July is the warmest month with 33°C and the most cold month is 6°C in January.
In the table below you can quickly find the monthly average weather in Iran, the monthly temperature or when it rains the most. Monthly averages are based on weather data from the last 30 years.
Weather data from: Tehran
Looking to book a flight to Iran? Hop on one of these airlines.
Iran has a semi-arid climate. It is warm to hot all year round and trees don't grow here because of the drought. It consists mainly of sand with grasses and sometimes shrubs. The average annual temperature for Iran is 19° degrees and there is about 206 mm of rain in a year. It is dry for 200 days a year with an average humidity of 35% and an UV-index of 4.
Climate Iran by month
Weather data from: Tehran
Iran weather by month
What is the average Iran weather like in a given month? Let's find out! Click on a month to check all the monthly averages for sunshine, temperature highs and lows, percentage chance of rain per day, snowfall accumulation and number of rainy days.
The weather for Iran over the next 14 days will be 15°C till 25° with a few days chance of light rain showers or even quite a bit of rain.
The weather forecast for Iran is based on the weather in Tehran.
5-day weather forecast Iran
View the 14 day weather forecast for Iran
Iran weather experiences
Have you been to Iran?
Leave your Iran weather experience for a chance to win $150!
Frequently asked questions
Where is Iran?
Iran lies in a straight line about 1,808 km from Pakistan (Islamabad → Tehran).
How long is the flight to Iran?
The flight time from Jinnah International Airport to Iran is approximately 2 h. 10 min.
What are the largest airports in Iran?
These are the largest airports in Iran:
- Mashhad International Airport (MHD) in Mashhad
- Payam International Airport (PYK) in Karaj
- Shiraz Shahid Dastghaib International Airport (SYZ) in Shīrāz
- Shahid Ashrafi Esfahani Airport (KSH) in Kermānshāh
- Zahedan International Airport (ZAH) in Zāhedān
- Sardar-e-Jangal Airport (RAS) in Rasht
- Kerman Airport (KER) in Kermān
- Shahid Sadooghi Airport (AZD) in Yazd
- Bandar Abbas International Airport (BND) in Bandar ‘Abbās
- Abadan Airport (ABD) in Ābādān
How many inhabitants does Iran have?
Iran has 81,576,800 inhabitants.
How big is Iran?
The surface area of Iran is 1,648,000 km². It is 2,5x bigger than Pakistan.
What is the capital of Iran?
The capital of Iran is Tehran.
What is the currency of Iran?
In Iran, the Iranian rial (IRR) is used for payment.
Exchange rates on 26 March 2023
- 1 Pakistani rupee = 263.52 Iranian rial
- 1 Iranian rial = 0.004 Pakistani rupee
- 100 Pakistani rupee = 26,352.19 Iranian rial
- 100 Iranian rial = 0.38 Pakistani rupee
What is the area code of Iran?
The area code to call Iran is +98.